As an experienced YouTube user you know the value gained by posting relevant content, participating in the community, viewing others videos and posting comments, and have likely grown your following organically as a result of the value you bring. If you are like me you also had no idea that having more than one account could put your entire YouTube strategy at risk.
If you are in this category you may be feeling a little frustrated by a slap that might impact you even though you are playing by the rules. If you follow these tips you will be able to continue doing a great job providing value to your viewers and building your brand.
1. Decide which of your accounts has the broadest reach and impact on your desired market and make that your official home on YouTube.
2. Step back and take a fresh look at your profile and messaging, ask yourself this simple question, “Am I adding value?”
3. Consider closing all secondary accounts especially if the content is duplicated from your primary channel, your videos are simply hyped up sales pitches, your content is not relevant to your titles and tags, or if you built a following predominantly with friend finder software.
4. If you decide to maintain more than one account you may be at greater risk if you use a common email address for multiple accounts. So consider changing the user email for your secondary accounts.
5. There are conflicting opinions about the role of IP addresses when monitoring accounts. Some who have researched this say that maintaining multiple accounts on one IP address will flag your accounts. I am not an I.T. expert, so I am not certain of all of the details related to this issue. One marketer who had his accounts closed suggested that you call your ISP and find out how to obtain a new IP address.
I will provide several suggestions to help you avoid the slap regardless of you level of experience or number of videos presently posted on YouTube. This article addressed the intermediate YouTube user, the first and third parts address the new and advance YouTube user. Feel free to share your stories and best practice recommendations by contacting me directly.
James Holmes is an online marketer, coach, and trainer in the home-based business industry. James teaches a system that duplicates and produces predictable results. James also coaches on prosperity mindset and the law of attraction.